|UDC 338.47 + 656||DOI: https://doi.org/10.31617/tr.knute.2019(29)03|
PhD in Economics, Associate Professor at the Department of Trade Entrepreneurship
and Logistics, Kyiv National University of Trade and Economics
19, Kyoto str., Kyiv, 02156, Ukraine
TRANSPORT TERMINALS IN LOGISTICS SYSTEMSOF FREIGHT TRAFFIC
Background. Modern conditions of economic development require the business entities to find new approaches to understanding the essence of transport terminal complexes, as well as the mutual influence of all elements of the logistics of transport and technological systems in servicing cargo flows.
Analysis of recent researches and publications confirmed that in the conditions of increased interest in transport logistics, the important scientific and practical problem offunctioning of transport terminals as the key nodes of transshipment and transformation of material flows in the logistic chains of supply of consumer value remains unsolved.
The aim of the article is to summarize the theoretical and practical provisions concerning the specific features of the operation of freight transport terminals as the main elements of the country's logistics infrastructure, which greatly influence the state of its economic development, as well as to offer directions for the formation of managerial decisions on the operation of freight transport terminals.
Materials and methods. Research methods such as analysis of indicators dynamics; system situational and dynamic approaches to the evaluation of the functional of terminals in logistics systems; methods of systematization, identification, classification and grouping; comparison of the characteristics of the potential and the specific properties of different modes of transport were applied.
Results. The theoretical and applied aspects of functioning of transport terminals in maintenance of cargo flows in logistic systems are investigated. The state of development of the market of transport services by types of transport has been characterized according to the data of the State Statistics of Ukraine and the trends of volumes of cargo transportation, which are provided by transport and forwarding and operational services of terminals, are determined. The main features of transport terminals as a specific form of management of subjects of logistic activity are determined. The signs of the systematization of transport terminals in the context of logistic infrastructure are determined. Principles and directions of interaction of logistic intermediaries through transport terminals and interconnections between the elements of the complex of operations of the transport terminal in accordance with the choice of modes of transport and transportation methods are established. The influence of factors and indicators on increasing the competitiveness of transport terminal services is studied. The conditions of further development of services of transport terminals in the provision of optimization of cargo flows between the participants of economic relations are generalized.
Conclusion. The dependence between the level of competitiveness of the freight transport terminal and the complex of interrelated factors of influence is established.
The main principles of the location of transport terminal systems with the integration of different types of transport are proposed.
The criteria for placing the terminal in relation to the cargo owners are determined. It is advantageous to place in industrial zones or territories with high intensity of economic activity, which is connected with the profile of the terminal.
The sequence of estimation of processing operations portfolio at the terminal of large-capacity vehicles and the speed of execution of the corresponding operations, including waiting time, is proposed.
Keywords: transport cargo terminal, logistics intermediaries, forwarding agent, transport infrastructure, transport corridor, terminal transactions.
- Zakon Ukrai'ny Pro transport № 232/94-VR vid 10 lystopada 1994 r. [Law of Ukraine On Transport from November 10, 1994, № 232/94-VR]. Retrieved from http://zakon4.rada.gov.ua/laws/show232/94-BP [in Ukrainian].
- Zakon Ukrai'ny Pro tranzyt vantazhiv № 1172-ХIV vid 20 zhovtnja 1999 r. [Law of Ukraine On Transit of Goods from October 20, 1999, № 1172-ХІV ]. Retrieved from http://zakon4.rada.gov.ua/laws/show1172-14 [in Ukrainian].
- Zakon Ukrai'ny Pro transportno-ekcpedytors'ku dijal'nist' № 1955-IV vid 1 lypnja 2004 r. [Law of Ukraine On transport and forwarding activities from July 1, 2004, № 1955-IV]. Retrieved from http://zakon4.rada.gov.ua/laws/show1955-15 [in Ukrainian].
- Kushhenko, Je. S. (2014). Analiz stanu ta perspektyvy rozvytku systemy kontejnernyh terminaliv [Analysis of the state and prospects of the development of the container terminal system]. Visnyk Akademii' mytnoi' sluzhby Ukrai'ny – Bulletin of the Academy of Customs Service of Ukraine, 2 (52) [in Ukrainian].
- Barabash, V. V. (2016). Terminal'ni kompleksy jak umova vprovadzhennja logistychnoi' kompleksnoi' systemy na zaliznyci [Terminal complexes as a condition for the introduction of a logistics complex system on the railway]. Visnyk Shidnoukrai'ns'kogo nacional'nogo universytetu im. Volodymyra Dalja – Herald of the Volodymyr Dahl East Ukrainian National University, 1 (225) [in Ukrainian].
- Ljashhuk, R. (2017). Pravovi osnovy zdijsnennja avtomobil'nyh perevezen' [Legal framework for the implementation of road transport]. Visnyk Nacional'noi' akademii' derzhavnoi' prykordonnoi' sluzhby Ukrai'ny im. B. Hmel'nyc'kogo – Bulletin of the National Academy of the State Border Guard Service of Ukraine named after B. Khmelnitsky, 2 [in Ukrainian].
- Grycenko, S. G. (2007). Strategija vyperedzhal'nogo rozvytku transportno-logistychnyh klasteriv v Ukrai'ni [Strategy of the advanced development of transport-logistic clusters in Ukraine]. Marketyng v Ukrai'ni – Marketing in Ukraine, 10, 35-37 [in Ukrainian].
- Komarnyc'kyj, I. M. (2007). Mehanizm formuvannja logistychnyh centriv [Mechanism of formation of logistic centers]. Visnyk nacional'nogo universytetu "L'vivs'ka politehnika" –Bulletin of the National University "Lviv Polytechnic", 582, 190-196 [in Ukrainian].
- Klimova, I. I. (2006). Logistyka jak chynnyk pidvyshhennja konkurentospromozhnosti pidpryjemstva [Logistics as a factor in increasing the competitiveness of the enterprise]. Derzhava ta regiony – State and regions, 4, 163-166 [in Ukrainian].
- Gudz', P. (2006). Rozvytok mors'kyh portovyh kompleksiv na osnovi regional'noi' logistyky [Development of sea port complexes on the basis of regional logistics]. Regional'na ekonomika – Regional economy, 1, 35-41 [in Ukrainian].