|UDC. 663.865:613.3||DOI: https://doi.org/10.31617/tr.knute.2019(30)06|
Doctor of Sciences (Agriculture), Professor at the Department of Commodity Science, Safety and Quality Management, Kyiv National University of Trade and Economics
19, Kyoto str., Kyiv, 02156, Ukraine
PhD in Technical Sciences, Associate Professor,
Associate Professor at the Department of Commodity Science, Safety and Quality Management, Kyiv National University of Trade and Economics
19, Kyoto str., Kyiv, 02156, Ukraine
Postgraduate student at the Department of Commodity Science, Safety and Quality Management, Kyiv National University of Trade and Economics
19, Kyoto str., Kyiv, 02156, Ukraine
PHYSIOLOGICAL EFFECTIVENESS OF DRINKS FROM MILK
AND CHICORY CONCENTRATES WITH ANTI-STRESS ACTION
Background. The increasing of psycho-emotional pressure as a result of stress is a typical characteristic of today’s life. It is known that dietary compliance which is able to increase the effectiveness of natural stress-limiting systems is a prerequisite for the prevention and treatment of functional disorders of a stressful origin. Such diet usually includes beverages with the medical herbs in content.
It was investigated that demand for such beverages is not entirely satisfied in Ukrainian market. There are only herbs tea and herbs additives which limits the consumer choice. That is why it stimulates the scientists and producers for developing new types of beverages concentrates.
The purpose of the study was to investigate the effects of developed milk and chicory beverages concentrates on the patients state who has unstable psycho-emotional state and functional disorders of the digestive system by medical testing.
Materials and methods. The research object was developed milk and chicory beverage concentrate Tsykorlakt soothing. The evaluation of the therapy effectiveness was based on the medical observation of influence the developed beverage concentrate for the patients state with the functional disorders of the digestive system with stressful nature, which means who has unstable psycho-emotional state. It was also included a questionnaire by Kulykov L. V. to determine the levels of patients stress and 24-hour esophageal pH monitoring, which allows to estimate the frequency, duration and daily dynamics of gastroesophageal reflux. In addition, the levels of cortisol in the blood were determined as one of the stress markers by the LibraS32PC spectrophotometer.
Results. According to the results of the questionnaire, it was found that after four weeks of treatment for those patients who took as sedative medications the restored beverages concentrates there was not a high level of stress. At the same time, four patients who took herbal tea could not move to a lower level of stress and remained at a high level.
The results of the 24-hour esophageal pH monitoring shows that patients who took restored beverages concentrates of Tsykorlakt soothing duringtherapy have the average changes of medical analysis 21 %, patients who took herbal teas – 12 %. Thereby, the effectiveness of treatment with the help of developed concentrates is 9 % higher compared to the treatment by herbal teas.
The level of cortisol has decreased by 3.75 times and is 255 nmol/l in patients who took developed concentrates of beverages Tsykorlakt soothing and 1.95 times with a level of 489 nmol/l in patients who took herbal teas.
Conclusion. In conclusion, the research confirms that the usage of developed milk and chicory beverages concentrates with antistress action Tsikorlak soothing in complex therapy of physiological disorders of the digestive system for patients with unstable psycho-emotional state contributes to a faster decrease in the acidity and the number of reflux which destroys the mucous membrane of the organs of the digestive system, exhibit anti-inflammatory effects and have a positive effect on the autonomic nervous system.
Keywords: physiologically functional beverages, milk and chicory beverages concentrates, chicory, milk powder, medicinal herbs, stress, antioxidant activity.
- Palij, I. G., Zai'ka, S. V., & Vyhrystjuk, G. I. (2009). Stres jak faktor vynyknennja rozpovsjudzhenyh terapevtychnyh zahvorjuvan' ta shljahy jogo optymal'noi' korekcii' [Stress as a factor of the occurrence of common therapeutic diseases and ways of its optimal correction]. Liky Ukrai'ny – Medications of Ukraine, 7 (133), 65-70 [in Ukrainian].
- World Health Organization (2010). mhGAP Intervention Guide for Mental Health, Neurological and Substance Use Disorders in Non-specialized Health Settings. Geneva: WHO Mental Health Gap Action Programme. Retrieved from https://www.who.int/ mental_health/mhgap/en [in English].
- Foa, Je. B., Kin, T. M., Fridman, M. Dzh. et. al. (2005). Jeffektivnaja terapija posttravmaticheskogo stressovogo rasstrojstva [Effective post-traumatic stress disorder therapy]. (Et. Je. B. Foa, T. M. Kin, M. Dzh. Fridman). Moscow: Kogito-Centr [in Russian].
- Amos, T., Stein, D. J., & Ipser, J. C. (2014). Pharmacological interventions for preventing post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews. Is. 7, Art. No.: CD006239. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1002/14651858.CD006239.pub2 [in English].
- Mejrouz, G. (2009). Nutricevtika kak metod psihokorrekcii [Nutraceuticals as a method of psychocorrection]. Мoscow: ProfitStajl [in Russian].
- Rudavs'ka, G. B., Hahaljeva, I. V., & Ganych, O. M. (2016). Napoi' z cykoriju v umovah hronichnoi' dii' malyh doz radiacii' ta stresu [Drinks with chicory in the conditions of chronic effects of small doses of radiation and stress]. Biodiversity after the Chernobyl accident. Part 1: the scientific proceedings of the int. network AgrobioNet. Nitra, 213 [in Ukrainian].
- Golub, B., Danylenko, S., & Rudavs'ka, G. (2014). Formuvannja likuval'no-profilaktychnyh vlastyvostej synbiotychnyh molochnyh napoi'v [Formation of therapeutic and prophylactic properties of synbiotic milk drinks]. Mizhnar. nauk.-prakt. zhurn. "Tovary i rynky" – International scientific and practical magazine "Commodities and Markets", 1, 67-74 [in Ukrainian].
- Pavlish, L. O. (2012). Formuvannja asortymentu novyh bezalkogol'nyh napoi'v ozdorovchogo pryznachennja [Formation of a range of new non-alcoholic drinks for health purposes]. Extended abstract of candidate’s thesis. Kyi'v [in Ukrainian].
- Motuzka, Ju. M. (2005). Upravlinnja jakistju napoi'v dlja sportsmeniv [Quality management of drinks for athletes]. Extended abstract of candidate’s thesis. Kyi'v [in Ukrainian].
- Prybyl's'kyj, V. L., Mel'nyk, I. V., & Omel'chuk, S. V. (2014). Vykorystannja netradycijnoi' roslynnoi' syrovyny v tehnologijah fermentovanyh napoi'v [Use of non-traditional vegetable raw materials in technologies of fermented beverages]. Harchova nauka i tehnologija – Food science and technology, 3, 47-51 [in Ukrainian].
- Kaprel'janc, L. V., & Tregub, N. S. (2016). Selenzbagacheni probiotychni produkty funkcional'nogo pryznachennja [Selenium enriched probiotic products of functional purpose]. Mikrobiologija i biotehnologija – Microbiology and Biotechnology, 1 (33), 6-18. DOI: https://doi.org/10.18524/2307-4663.2016.1(33).65353 [in Ukrainian].
- Kulykov, L. V. (2003). Rukovodstvo k metodykam dyagnostyky psyhycheskyh sostojanyj, nastroenyj y sfery chuvstv [Guide to the methods of diagnosis of mental states, moods and the sphere of feelings]. SPb.: SPGU [in Russian].
- Rudavs'ka, G. B., & Hahaljeva, I. V. (2015). Aktual'ni problemy jakosti suhyh rozchynnyh napoi'v z cykoriju [Actual problems of quality of dry soluble drinks with chicory]. Mizhnar. nauk.-prakt. konf. "Ukrai'na-JeS: podolannja tehnichnyh bar’jeriv u torgivli" – International Scientific and Practical Conference "Ukraine-EU: Overcoming Technical Barriers in Trade". Kyi'v: Kyi'v. nac. torg.-ekon. un-t [in Ukrainian].
- Rudavs'ka, G. B., & Hahaljeva, I. V. (2015). Problemy jakosti ta bezpechnosti rozchynnyh napoi'v na osnovi cykoriju [Problems of quality and safety of soluble drinks based on chicory]. IХ Mizhnar. mizhdyscyplinarna nauk.-prakt. konf. "Suchasni aspekty zberezhennja zdorov’ja ljudyny" – IX International Interdisciplinary Scientific and Practical Conference "Modern Aspects of Preserving Human Health". Uzhgorod [in Ukrainian].
- Rudavs'ka, G. B., & Hahaljeva, I. V. (2017). Vplyv antyoksydantnoi' aktyvnosti harchovyh produktiv na antystresovu rezystentnist' organizmu ljudyny [Influence of antioxidant activity of food products on antistress resistance of human organism]. Іnt. research and practice conference "Modern methods, innovations and experience of practical application in the field of technical sciences". Radom, Poland [in Ukrainian].
- De Meester, T. R. (1989). Prolonged oesophageal pH-monitoring. Gastrointestinal motility: which test? Ed. By N.W. Read, Wrightson Biomedical Publishing Ltd [in English].
- Kozlov, A. I., & Kozlova, M. A. (2014). Kortizol kak marker stressa [Cortisol as a stress marker]. Fiziologija Cheloveka – Human Physiology. (Vol. 40), 2. (pp. 224-236). DOI: https://doi.org/10.1134/S0362119714020091 [in English].
- Engert, V., Efanov, S. I., Duchesne A. et al. (2013). Differentiating anticipatory from reactive cortisol responses to psychosocial stress. Psychoneuroendocrinology, 38. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.psyneuen.2012.11.018 [in English].