|UDC 663.916.1||DOI: https://doi.org/10.31617/tr.knute.2019(30)08|
Doctor of Sciences (Technical), Professor, Head of the Department
of Technology and Organization of Restaurant Business
of Kyiv National University of Trade and Economics
19, Kyoto str., Kyiv, 02156, Ukraine
Postgraduate student at the Department of Technology and Organization
of Restaurant Business of Kyiv National University of Trade and Economics
19, Kyoto str., Kyiv, 02156, Ukraine
CONFECTIONERY MASTICS WITH GLYCERIN:
Background. Demineralized Whey Powder (DWP) is a promising component in the technologies of various types of sugar paste. It balances the nutritional composition of sugar paste and also has a positive effect on structural-mechanical and superficial properties of the food system.
However, the significant increase in the adhesion of food systems is undesirable. It negatively affects the efficiency of equipment usage, leads to increased losses of raw materials and power resources. The adhesiveness of the food system is manifested in its contact with structural materials throughout the process. In view of this, it is advisable to consider the methods of regulating the adhesion and cohesive interaction of sugar paste with DWP, in particular by using glycerol.
The aim of the work is studying the influence of glycerin on the surface and rheological properties of sugar paste with DWP.
Materials and methods. Studying the effect of glycerol on properties of the sugar paste surface with DWP was carried out on a multi-functional measuring device MIG-1.3, by the normal separation method and rheological properties of the samples of sugar paste on a plane parallel plastomer of the Tolstoy modification, based on the determination of the deformation displacement, marked to thickness of the sample. During the investigation of structural and mechanical characteristics of model systems, the fixed load wad provided for all systems containing 65 g, with the same temperature (+6 °C) and height of samples (7 mm).
Results. The possibility to use the glycerine for controlling rheological characteristicsof the sugar paste with milkserum of drydemineralization has investigated. It was established, that by increasing the concentration of glycerol in the composition of sugar paste, the indexes of adhesion, elasticity, and elasticity decrease, the nutritional capacity of the food system increases, which is a positive factor in the formation of finishing half-finished products from this paste. The significant growth of nutritional capacity indicators of the food system leads to weakening of spatial framework and destructing the paste structure. That is why the rationally accepted concentration of glycerol is 5 %, which is also confirmed by organoleptic analysis.
Conclusion. An optimal concentration of glycerolin the composition of sugar pastehas estimated, which allows adjusting the consistency of the finished product and adhesion interaction within the required limits for paste-like finishing semi-finished products.
Keywords: sugar paste with dry demineralized milk whey, glycerol, adhesion interaction, conditional and moment modulus of elasticity, highly elastic modulus, plastic viscosity, the nutritional capacity of the food system, viscosity of the elastic aftereffect.
- Kravchenko, M., & Rybchuk, L. (2018). Strukturno-mehanichni vlastyvosti cukrovyh past [Structural and mechanical properties of sugar paste]. Mizhnarodnyj naukovo-praktychnyj zhurnal "Tovary i rynky" – International scientific and practical magazine "Commodities and Markets", 3 (27), 77-90 [in Ukrainian].
- Kravchenko, M., Shapoval, S., & Rybchuk, L. (2018). Vlastyvosti poverhni cukrovyh past [Properties of sugar paste surface]. Mizhnarodnyj naukovo-praktychnyj zhurnal "Tovary i rynky" – International scientific and practical magazine "Commodities and Markets", 4 (28), 124-131 [in Ukrainian].
- Cherevko, O. I., Myhajlov, V. M., & Majak, O. A. (2014). Reologija v procesah vyrobnyctva harchovyh produktiv [Rheology in the processes of food production]. Harkiv: HDUHT [in Ukrainian].
- Obolkina, V., Zalevskaja, N., Gureeva, V., & Kishko, E. (2011). Izuchena jeffektivnost' smesej jemul'gatorov i stabilizatorov v konditerskih izdelijah [The effectiveness of mixtures of emulsifiers and stabilizers in confectionery products was studied]. Hlibopekars'ka i kondyters'ka promyslovist' Ukrai'ny – Baking and confectionery industry of Ukraine, 5 (78), 11-12 [in Russian].
- Reznychenko, Y. Ju., Zorkyna, N. N., & Egorova, E. Ju. (2016). Sovershenstvovanye assortymenta kondyterskyh yzdelyj specyalyzyrovannogo naznachenyja [Improving the range of specialized confectionery products]. Polzunovskyj vestnyk – Polzunovskiy messenger, 2, 4-7 [in Russian].
- Galickaja, E. L. (2003). Formirovanie potrebitel'skih svojstv i issledovanie kachestva biskvitnyh izdelij dlitel'nogo sroka hranenija [Formation of consumer properties and the study of the quality of biscuit products with a long shelf life]. Extended abstract of candidate’s thesis. SPb: Sankt-Peterburgskij gosudarstvennyj torgovo-jekonomicheskij institut [in Russian].
- Sarafanova, L. A. (2004). Pishhevye dobavki: Jenciklopedija [Nutritional Supplements: Encyclopedia]. (2nd ed., rev.). Sankt-Petersburg: GIORD [in Russian].
- Lastuhin, Ju. O. (2009). Harchovi dobavky. E-kody. Budova. Oderzhannja. Vlastyvosti [Nutritional supplements. E-codes. Structure. Obtaining. Properties]. L'viv: Centr Jevropy [in Ukrainian].
- Internet-magazyn ta magazyn rozdribnoi' torgivli kondyters'koi' syrovyny. Tort Inventar [Internet store and retail store of confectionery. Cake Inventory]. Retrieved from https://tort-inventar.com.ua/ua/catalog/glitserin-glyukoza-i-glyukoznyj-sirophttps://vkusologia.ru/dobavki/stabilizatory-emulgatory/e422.html [in Ukrainian].
- Sajt o produktah pitanija, pishhevyh dobavkah i drugih ingredientah «x-prod.ru» [Site about food, food additives and other ingredients "x-prod.ru"]. Retrieved from http://x-prod.ru/dobavki/351-glycerin.html [in Russian].
- Sajt o produktah pitanija, pishhevyh dobavkah i drugih ingredientah "REVADA" [Website about food, food additives and other ingredients "REVADA"] Retrieved from http://revada-group.com/products/food_industry/konditerskaya_promyshlennost/ vlagouderzhivayuschie_agenty [in Russian].
- Shapoval, S. L., Romanenko, R. P., & Forostjana, N. P. (2017). Diagnostyka fizychnyh vlastyvostej harchovyh produktiv [Diagnostics of physical properties of food products]. Kyi'v: Kyi'vc'kyj nacional'nyj torgovel'no-ekonomichnyj universytet [in Ukrainian].
- Goral'chuk, A. B., Pyvovarov, P. P., Grynchenko, O. O., Pogozhyh, M. I., Polevych, V. V., & Gurs'kyj, P. V. (2006). Reologichni metody doslidzhennja syrovyny i harchovyh produktiv ta avtomatyzacija rozrahunkiv reologichnyh harakterystyk [Rheological research methods for raw materials and food products and automation of calculations of rheological characteristics]. Harkiv: Harkivs'kyj derzhavnyj universytet harchuvannja ta torgivli [in Ukrainian].