|UDC 637.524.034||DOI: https://doi.org/10.31617/tr.knute.2019(30)09|
Doctor of Medical Sciences, Professor, Head of the Department of Commodity Studies, Expertise and Trade Business of the Vinnytsia Trade and Economic Institute
of Kyiv National University of Trade and Economics
87, Soborna str., Vinnytsia, 21000, Ukraine
PhD in Technical Sciences, Associate Professor, Associate Professor at the Department of Tourism and Hotel and Restaurant Affairs of the Vinnytsia Trade and Economic Institute of Kyiv National University of Trade and Economics
87, Soborna str., Vinnytsia, 21000, Ukraine
CRAFT TECHNOLOGY OF SMOKED SAUSAGES
Background. Nitrite is a supplement that improves color and prevents spoilage of finished sausage products, and lowering their dose increases the risk of receiving poor quality products. When matured sausages, from the amino acids are formed primary and secondary amines that react with nitrites, forming nitrosamines, which are toxic to the human body.
Domestic and foreign scholars engaged in research on the production of smoked sausages and in improving their quality and safety indexes.
The aim of the work is to develop a recipe and substantiate the functional purpose of smoked sausages technology using bacterial seed crops and the preparation Nisin.
Materials and methods. The object of the research is the technology of smoked sausage "Osoblyva", which formula introduces the starting cultures of Lactobacillus sakei, Staphylococcus xylosus, Leuconostoc carnosum and nicin instead of sodium nitrite. A cheese-smoked sausage of the highest quality "Moskovskaya" is taken as a control sample.
Physical-chemical, microbiological and organoleptic methods are used in order to determine the quality and safety of research objects in accordance with current standards.
Results. The conducted studies confirm that the used probiotic cultures are sufficiently stable to the salt and meet the technological requirements.
The peculiarities of selected microorganisms development are investigated. The optimum ratio of Lactobacillus sakei, Staphylococcus xylosus, Leuconostoc carnosum microorganisms strains in minced meat was determined 1: 1: 1.
Changes in maturation of the studied samples with cultures were much more effective than in the control. The absence of nitrite in the test samples does not diminish their color, and the additional application of these cultures improves their taste and aromatics.
The made-up smoked sausage "Osoblyva" meets the requirements of the standard for physical, chemical and microbiological indicators. Entered start cultures in the ratio 1:1:1 are present alive. Lactobacillus sakei even at the end of maturation of sausage is recorded in a fairly large quantity (1×109 CFU/g), which has probiotic properties and provides ready-made products of functional orientation.
Conclusion. The production of high-quality smoked sausage without the usage of sodium nitrite with the addition of Lactobacillus sakei, Staphylococcus xylosus, Leuconostoccarnosum microorganisms strains and nisin meets the requirements of quality and safety and enables the expansion of production of food products of a functional purpose.
Keywords: technology, smoked sausages, seed crops, functional purpose, sodium nitrite, microorganisms.
- Reglament JeS 178/2002 Pro vstanovlennja zagal'nyh pryncypiv ta vymog zakonodavstva shhodo harchovyh produktiv, stvorennja Jevropejs'kogo organu z bezpechnosti harchovyh produktiv ta vyznachennja procedur z pytan' bezpechnosti harchovyh produktiv [EU regulation 178/2002 On the establishment of the general principles and requirements of food law, establishing a European Food Safety Authority and defining procedures for food safety]. (28.01.2002) [in Ukrainian].
- Kuznecova, L. S. (2011). Perspektivnost' ispol'zovanija pishhevogo konservanta v kolbasnom proizvodstve [Perspectives of using food preservative in sausage production]. Mjasnaja industrija – Meat industry, 2, 35-38 [in Russian].
- Reglament 854/2004 Pro organizaciju oficijnogo kontrolju produktiv tvarynnogo pohodzhennja, pryznachenyh dlja spozhyvannja ljudynoju [Regulation 854/2004 On the organization of official control of products of animal origin intended for human consumption]. (29.04.2004) [in Ukrainian].
- Kyshen'ko, I. I., Topchij, O. A., Kryzhova, Ju. P., & Rybachuk, O. I. (2014). Startovi kul'tury dlja vyrobnyctva syrokopchenyh kovbas [Start crops for the production of smoked sausages]. Harchova nauka i tehnologija – Food Science and Technology, 3 (28), 23-27 [in Ukrainian].
- Tishkina, N. M., Ljeshhova, M. O., & Jesina, E. V. (2018). Mikrostrukturnyj analiz jakosti farshu syrokopchenyh kovbas [Microstructural analysis of the quality of minced meat of smoked sausages]. Naukovyj visnyk L'vivs'kogo nacional'nogo universytetu veterynarnoi' medycyny ta biotehnologij im. S. Z. Gzhyc'kogo – Scientific herald of the Stepan Gzhytskyi National University of Veterinary Medicine and Biotechnologies Lviv, 83 (20), 268-273. DOI: https://doi.org/10.15421/nvlvet8353 [in Ukrainian].
- Koljanovs'ka, L. M. (2015). Rozrobka vyrobnyctva syrokopchenyh kovbas funkcional'nogo sprjamuvannja [Development of production of smoked sausages of functional direction]. Praci Tavrijs'kogo derzhavnogo agrotehnologichnogo universytetu – The works of the Tavria State Agrotechnological University. (Is. 16). (Vol. 1), (pp.83-88) [in Ukrainian].
- Peshuk, L., Rjabovol, M., & Klymenko, A. (2013). Rozrobka syrokopchenyh kovbas dlja gurmaniv [Development of smoked sausage for gourmets]. Ukrainian Food Journal – Ukrainian Food Journal. (Is. 2). (Vol. 2), (pp. 186-191) [in Ukrainian].
- Flores, M., Gianelli, M. P., Pérez-Juan, M., & Toldra, F. (2007). Headspace concentration of selected dry-cured aroma compounds in model systems as affected by curing agents. Food Chem. (Vol. 102), (pp. 488-493). DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foodchem.2006.04.011 [in English].
- Marco, A., Navarro, J. L., & Flores, M. (2008). The sensory quality of dry fermented sausages as affected by fermentation stage and curing agents. Euro Food Res Technnol. (Vol. 26), (pp. 449-458). DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s00217-006-0556-x [in English].
- Akköse, Ahmet, Kaban, Güzin, Karaoğlu, M. Murat, & Kaya, Mükerrem. Characteristics of Pastırma Types Produced from Water Buffalo Meat. Retrieved from http://vetdergikafkas.org/uploads/pdf/pdf_KVFD_L_2322.pdf [in English].
- Postanova № 12 KMU vid 04.01.199 [Regulation No 12 of the CMU dated January 4, 1991]. Retrieved from https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/12-99-%D0%BF [in Ukrainian].
- Kovbasy syrokopcheni ta syrov’jaleni. Zagal'ni tehnichni umovy [Smoked and dried sausages. General technical conditions]. (2006). DSTU 4427:2005. Kyi'v: Derzhspozhyvstandart Ukrai'ny. Retrieved from http://ksv.do.am/GOST/ DSTY_ALL/DSTY2/dsty_4427-2005.pdf [in Ukrainian].