|УДК 338.516||DOI: https://doi.org/10.31617/tr.knute.2020(33)03|
PhD in Economics Sciences, Associate Professor, Associate Professor
of the Department of Trade Entrepreneurship and Logistics,
Kyiv National University of Trade and Economics
19, Kyoto str., Kyiv, 02156, Ukraine
DISTRIBUTION OF PERISHABLE GOODS: PRICING STRATEGIESBackground. Pricing in the market of logistics services is a regulator by which influence on demand and supply, structure and capacity of the market, purchasing power, turnover of goods is exercised. Pricing for the delivery of perishable goods should be based on not only the major factors of pricing, but also on the study of the relationship between delivery time, quality of service rendered and customer satisfaction. Only economically justified cost of distribution logistics, which will be based on the overall strategy of the enterprise, will enable to attract more consumers of the service and increase the efficiency of the company.
The aim of the articleis to determine the optimal pricing model of a logistics transaction for the delivery of perishable goods, which takes into account the timing of the service, the costs associated with the delay and storage of products, which will allow the logistics operator to achieve the overall purpose of the activity and increase its efficiency.
Materials and methods. The research of pricing strategy in distributive logistics was conducted on the basis of generalization of theoretical developments of leading domestic and foreign scientists, own research, Internet resources. Methods of analysis and synthesis, grouping, systematic approach, modeling were used to write the article.
Results. The stages of formation of pricing strategy for the supply of perishable goods are determined, depending on the chosen general goals of the company in the logistics services market. Four pricing models are considered, which show the change in price depending on the delivery time, the ratio of the established price with the quality of product delivery and customer satisfaction, and also allow to determine changes in the rate of profit of the logistics operator.
Conclusion. It is proved that the definition of pricing strategy is related to the main goals of the logistics operator. Improving the delivery of perishable goods, which will lead to an increase in the number of customers of logistics services, is possible when applying a free pricing model that takes into account the main factors of pricing: demand, customer requirements, timing and quality of delivery.
Keywords:pricing strategy, impact factors, distribution logistics, perishable goods, pricing model, delivery time.
- Krykavs'kyj, Je. (2014). Ekonomika logistyky [Economicsoflogistics].L'viv: Vydavnyctvo L'vivs'koi' politehniky [in Ukrainian].
- Oklander, M. (2012). Marketyngovi tehnologii' ekonomichnogo zrostannja [Marketing technologies of economic growth]. Oklander, M. A. (Ed.). Odesa: Astroprynt [in Ukrainian].
- Panasenko, T. Cinova strategija i strategija cinoutvorennja organizacii': terminologichna ta zmistovna identyfikacija [Price strategy and pricing strategy for the organization: terminological and meaning fulidentification]. Retrieved fromhttps://cyberleninka.ru/article/n/tsinova-strategiya-i-strategiya-tsinoutvorennya-organizatsiyi-terminologichna-ta-zmistovna-identifikatsiya/viewe [in Ukrainian].
- Chychulina, K. V., & Kladchenko, Ja. O. Suchasni cinovi strategii' na osnovi psyhologii' [Modern pricing strategies basedonpsychology]. Retrieved from http://global-national.in.ua/archive/23-2018/69.pdf [in Ukrainian].
- Avinadav, T.,Herbon, A.,& Spiegel, U. Optimal inventory policy for a perishable itemwith demand function sensitive to price and time. Retrieved from http://isiarticles.com/bundles/Article/pre/pdf/20791.pdf [in English].
- Li, Tao, Chen, Yan,& Li, Taoying.Pricing Strategies of Logistics Distribution Services for Perishable Commodities. Retrieved from https://www.mdpi.com/1999-4893/11/11/186/htm [in English].