|UDC 663.4||DOI: https://doi.org/10.31617/tr.knute.2019(32)09|
PhD in Technical Sciences, Assistant at the Department of Foodstuff Expertise, National University of Food Technologies
68, Volodymyrska str., Kyiv, Ukraine, 01033
CRAFT TECHNOLOGY OF LIGHT BEER
Background. For today, craft brewing technologies in the brewing industry are spreading in Ukraine, mini-breweries are actively developing, which are set up to develop and implement exclusive technologies and recipes using natural vegetable raw materials.
The aim of the work is light craft beer technology with the addition of dry ground orange peel.
Materials and methods. The object of the study is a light beer with the addition of dry ground orange peel.
Samples of beer wort were prepared according to the approved patent of the author to an initial dry matter concentration of 11 %. The wort was fermented with pure yeast culture of Saccharomycés cerevisiae P-96 at 13–14 оC for 7 days. Pure malt wort was used as a control. During the fermentation, extra powdered orange peels with a particle size of d = 0.1–1.5 mm in the amount of 5–20 g per 100 cm3 of beer were added, which were pre-dried at 80 оC to constant weight in the oven. After preparation, the beer was filtered.
The quality of beer samples was investigated according to DSTU 3888: 2015.
Results. From the obtained characteristics of organoleptic indicators it was revealed that the addition of 10 and 15 % of dry ground orange peels have a positive effect on the quality of the drink. Beer acquires enough expressed citrus taste and aroma.
The results of the physico-chemical parameters prove that all the samples tested in terms of acidity were in compliance with the standard, the color of the beer is according to variants No. 2, 3 and 4 (with the addition of 5, 10 and 15 % of dry ground orange peels).
The content of vitamin C in the tested beer samples is absolutely insignificant (0.25–0.36 mg/100 g) because as it is known that the physiological average daily rate for a person ranges from 70 to 100 mg/100 g.
Conclusion. It is established that the addition of dry ground orange peels in the manufacture of light beer improves the taste and aromatic properties of the drink, gives it new original colors of taste and aroma. It is proved that the best variants of beer were the samples with the addition of 10 and 15 % of dry ground orange peels during the fermentation.
Keywords: beer, orange peels, сraft technology.
- Kuchynskaja, A. M. (2013). Naukovi zasady vyboru roslynnoi' syrovyny dlja pidvyshhennja harchovoi' cinnosti pyva [Scientific principles of selection of vegetable raw materials for increasing the nutritional value of beer]. Visnyk Chernigivs'kogo derzhavnogo tehnologichnogo universytetu. Serija: Tehnichni nauky – Bulletin of Chernihiv State Technological University. Series: Technical Sciences, 3, 264-273. Retrieved from http://nbuv.gov.ua/UJRN/Vcndtn_2013_3_41 [in Ukrainian].
- Tatar, L. V. (2019). Formuvannja jakosti pyva z dodavannjam netradycijnoi' roslynnoi' syrovyny [Formation of beer quality with the addition of non-traditional vegetable raw materials]. Extended abstract of candidate`s thesis. Harkiv [in Ukrainian].
- Libus', T. (2015). Osnovni tendencii' rozvytku rynku vitchyznjanogo pyvovarinnja [The main trends in the development of the domestic brewing market]. Proceedings of the VIII All-Ukrainian scientific and technical conference. Ternopil': Ternopil's'kyj nacional'nyj tehnichnyj universytet imeni I. Puljuja. (Vol. 2), (pp. 8-9) [in Ukrainian].
- Ermolaeva, G. A. (2004). Spravochnik rabotnika laboratorij pivovarennogo predprijatija [The employee handbook of Brewery laboratories]. Saint Petersburg: Professija [in Russian].
- Stabilizirujushhaja tehnologicheskaja dobavka budushhogo: Gallotaniny [The stabilizing technology supplement of the future: Gallotannins]. (2012). Proceedings of VLB Moscow Conference "Colloidal stability now". Moscow [in Russian].
- Danilova, L. A. at al. (2013). Vpliv dobavok antioksidantіv z roslinnoї sirovini na procesi koaguljacії bіlkіv pri kipjatіnnі susla [The influence of additives of antioxidants from vegetable raw materials on the processes of protein coagulation in boiling wort]. Proceedings from: 21 Mizhnarodna naukovo-praktychna Konferentsiia "Informacijni tehnologii': nauka, tehnika, tehnologija, osvita, zdorov’ja" (MicroCAD-2013) – 21 International scientific and practical Conference on "Information technologies: science, technics, technology, education, health" (MicroCAD-2013). (pp. 294). Harkiv: NTU "HPI" [in Ukrainian].
- Sposib vygotovlennja svitlogo pyvnogo susla z dodavannjam suhyh podribnenyh shkirok apel'syna (2019). [A method of making a light beer wort with the addition of dry ground orange peels]. Patent UA, № u 201812380 [in Ukrainian].
- Pyvo. Zagal'ni tehnichni umovy [Beer. General specifications]. (2015). DSTU 3888:2015. Kyi'v: Derzhspozhyvstandart Ukrai'ny [in Ukrainian].
- Pyvo. Metody vyznachennja kyslotnosti [Beer. Methods for determining acidity]. (2007). DSTU 4852–2007. Kyi'v: Derzhspozhyvstandart Ukrai'ny [in Ukrainian].
- Pyvo. Metody vyznachennja kol'oru [Beer. Methods for determining color]. (2007). DSTU 4851–2007. Kyi'v: Derzhspozhyvstandart Ukrai'ny [in Ukrainian].
- Cavina, Ju. S. Kil'kisne ta jakisne vyznachennja askorbinovoi' kysloty [Quantitative and qualitative determination of ascorbic acid]. Retrieved from https://er.knutd.edu.ua/ bitstream/123456789/9312/1/NRMSE2017_V1_P588-589.pdf [in Ukrainian].